Saturday, October 30, 2010

An end and a beginning - final thoughts (M Richards)

What a wonderful journey this has been. One of my previous concerns about using Web 2.0 tools in the classroom was using them to enhance learning, rather than just to use them, and this class has solved that problem. Learning about the NETS (that there even is such a thing) and the emphasis of aligning lessons with those standards made me confident that the tools we're using do, in fact, allow students to learn on a level not achievable otherwise. So much of what I used to be shown seemed to be simply glorified overhead's - nice, but not an advancement of student learning. Where I previously wondered, "How will I use that tool in the classroom?" I now plan my lessons thinking, "I'll bet this tool will improve student learning." A nice change that leaves me certain that I am a better educator as a result of this course. Thank you, Jim, for a perfectly paced, usable class.

No comments:

Post a Comment