Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blogging with students

Can I blog with my students? Of course I can! My curriculum includes such a wide variety of topics to choose from I already have theme ideas. After choosing a theme I feel I would need to outline the goals I will set for my students. When I feel that I am prepared, I would make a presentation to our administration to receive permission and outline the parameters that I would need to follow--to remain academic and appropriate. Finally, before presenting the information to the students, the parents would need to be contacted and informed of the guidelines and my expectations of the administration, students and parents.

2 comments:

  1. And, as long as the parents know why you're doing it, how it benefits their child, and how you're going to protect them in the process, they will most likely be fine with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly--but you never know. When you introduce new technology to parents they are not always receptive, no matter how reasoned your argument.

    ReplyDelete