Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reflection is Key

I am still having a hard time believing all of the things I've learned in just three days. And this blog has really helped me think back and remember them. It is important to reflect and go over what you've learned. It's funny, I actually look forward to my homework in this class. This class gets me excited for where my teaching style may go and evolve to better fit the students of today.

In previous classes (way back when in college) I used to not look forward to class discussion, but through this class and my other graduate classes I've learned to value class discussion and talking about issues and questions. I guess I have grown up a bit and you can learn so much just from listening.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grown up a bit, perhaps, but I think now you realize that whatever learning you're going to get OUT of a class you've got to contribute TO the class. What we're studying now has relevance, as well. It's not just an academic exercise.

    Isn't it a shame that schools don't try to somehow capture and share that enthusiasm?

    ReplyDelete