Thursday, July 8, 2010

Many Things I Didn't Know

I love backchanneling! This is great! I can see so many ways to use this during presentations, for faculty meetings, for chatting when I don't want to listen--just kidding. This is one I'm going to explore quickly so that I can get permission right away.

I feel a WWI wiki coming on! I also read in one of the posts about using them as review tools. I think that is a wonderful idea. Thank you.

Google docs is a very interesting tool. I can see many applications for both faculty and students. This will be great to use with the curriculum committee--I can now avoid having to reformat every time a change is emailed. Talk about a time saver! I hope I can talk the Science teacher into using the forms for her Science Fair projects, I think it would really save her some time. My students complete National History Day projects each year. I can see all the aspects being useful in helping them create and work together on these projects. I've only gone to Nationals once and I'd really like to go again!

1 comment:

  1. RE: backchanneling
    Did you notice the one time in class when I was mentioning Stephen Wolfram's brother, and Kati did a quick search and provided that name for us? If we had a backchannel going then that url would have been put in there and we'd all have the link and could have bookmarked it.

    the power of the back/sidechannel

    ReplyDelete