Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 4 Musings

What a great day! Time to tinker with the new toys, learn how to use them, and even brainstorm application ideas for the classroom. I was relieved to learn that others felt as overwhelmed as I was for the first three days and truly appreciated the slower pace.
GoogleEarth is fun, but I'm not sure what application I would have for that in an English composition classroom. Ideas anyone? The bookshelf was fabulous - what a great way to get book discussions going, both in and out of the classroom. Mixed Ink was also a nice little app, and the evaluation of apps portion of the day was extremely useful. It's nice to hear other's ideas on using things to improve student learning so that I can "steal" them or springboard from them. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment