Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tim's Day 5 Reflections

Although we again saw many tools, most of them were lower on Bloom's scale and not as relevant a tools for me in my job. I really enjoyed what we learned in Google earth which was more of a personal quest for me than a professional one as I am not sure what I could use it for professionally yet.

The videos for discussion tonight were a stark contrast to one another. On one hand, we had a video on 21st century skills which is one that I think a lot of teachers would agree with had they seen it alone. If they compared it to the balloon video, however, I think it would really help them to see what kinds of things they should be doing. Going from teacher centric, to student centric. Going from low level on Bloom's to high level. The 4th graders were doing things way more advanced than the middle school students.

I am hoping to use these videos together to create an "AHA!" moment for our staff so they can see what we need to move to.

1 comment:

  1. I'd LOVE to know what they thought of the videos. Did they truly have an "ah-ha" moment? Then the next question is, "What are we doing to move us away from that and into better teaching?"

    ReplyDelete