Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tim's Reflections Day 4

Today was a great day. I learned a lot of new tools and my other classmates showed me some great things from sites like Historypin, Wallwasher, Vocaroo, and Shelfari. We also had a great discussion on whether technology is too much of a distraction when not metered appropriately which is a major struggle I am having. When I see how focused my daughter is using the iPad, I see great value.

We wrapped up the day with Google Earth. I was not very familiar with this tool so it was a great introduction for me. I put the app on my iPad to see if it was as full featured, and I gotta tell you it's pretty close. I was also introduced to another new app for my iPad which is Flipboard. This app turns other web sites via RSS into magazine like presentations for easy browsing. It's free. Another great app.

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had had more time with Google Earth as I wouldn't call what we did even scratching the surface. Oh well. If a fire was lit under your curiosity then that's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Earth is exciting. It can be used in many curriculum areas.

    ReplyDelete