Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blog Use

Blogging is a great educational tool in subjects that do a lot of writing and reflection, but I find it difficult in chemistry. Most of the writing we do is very to the point and structured so it doesn't lend itself to much reflection. One thing I have used is a moodle journal as a summarizing strategy. I could try something like that in a blog format, but all of the students would have similar answers. Discussion forums have proven useful in my class.

I agree with what we discussed today that blogs should be public and that when studetns sense a bigger audience they will put more time and effort into their writing.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, blogging about Chemistry isn't likely to get the ol' creative juices flowing. :) You're maybe better off with discussion forums.

    ReplyDelete