Thursday, July 7, 2011

Today's take away

The one tool that has really stuck with me from today's class is the back channeling tools. I was slightly familiar with what back channeling was before class and wasn't sure what it could be used for in a classroom situation. However, after getting a better understanding of the different back channel programs and the functions of each, my opinion has changed. As a result of our discussions and even thinking of different lessons I teach, I have come up with several ways that I think back channeling would help the students. When using it with the students, I will probably use the model of stopping and having the students send messages all at once rather than trying to teach and read and respond to messages at the same time. I also really see this as a way that will be really helpful for those students who aren't comfortable asking questions in front of their classmates.

1 comment:

  1. Try creating a backchannel in CoverItLive. Embed it on your wiki page or in a blog post. The difference is that you need to have a moderator to publish the comments from folks. But it's a great way of moderating a rowdy bunch of students

    ReplyDelete