Thursday, July 7, 2011

Interesting Stuff Today!

First, I appreciated the opportunity to see backchanneling in action and the discussion that ensued about different kinds of presentations and opportunities for backchanneling in the classroom. I really liked the website that didn't require students to create an account, but still listed them by name. I understand the benefits of it being anonymous, but it's easier for me to assess where the students are at if I can see who is asking what question.

I also enjoyed playing around with google forms today and some of the gadgest that go along with it. The script that grades the form was very easy to use and I can see a lot of application for that in the classroom. The only problem is the grading requires one correct answer and many times we use google forms to share data, all of which is different.

It was also helpful to see how diigo groups worked. I had a diigo account which is very convenient, but the toolbar is great (I won't uninstall it) and it was useful. I was on some other documents that had notes (is that what they're called?) from others which was helpful to see.

All in all, a highly productive day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE to hear "highly productive day." Nice!

    I'll bet you do stick with Diigo, even if it's only a way for you to share resources with the students.

    ReplyDelete